Celebrating 65 years in business, Fontanesi & Kann is providing a multitude of turnkey building solutions including HVAC equipment, building automation services, union electrical contracting and architectural building components. The 48,000 square foot standalone building in Ferndale, MI serves as the Headquarters; however, with offices in Grand Rapids and Davidson, Fontanesi & Kann is serving customers across Michigan as well as Ohio markets. With over 50 employees (and expanding), we have maintained the family work culture while growing into a market leader.
- Load and deliver shipments of product to clients at varying locations with the use of a box truck and/or sprinter van, ensuring all materials are safe, secure, and undamaged.
- Assist warehouse staff with loading and unloading vehicles as necessary.
- Assist warehouse staff with pick tickets, inventory, and shipping/receiving.
- Assist in maintaining appearance of branch as needed. Clean warehouse, counter area, bathrooms, etc.
- Know the location of merchandise in warehouse. Keep material organized and put away.
- Provide assistance at counter if needed. Assist customers, ask pertinent questions, provide information they may need.
- Participate in ongoing education and training as directed or desired.
- Perform vehicle and/or forklift inspections as required, schedule routine or repair maintenance as needed. Maintain presentable truck appearance, cleaning as needed.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed.
- Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner, following all safety rules. Inform manager of any potentially hazardous conditions.
Abilities and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, or carry; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance or stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 lbs, frequently lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally to lift up to 75 lbs. Must be able to safely tolerate heat in the summer and cold in the winter.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; read and identify numbers for accurate order filling and receiving of material.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Requires operating a Pallet Jack and/or Forklift.
- Chauffer license
- Michigan DOT medical card
- Knowledge of Metro Detroit area
- Attention to detail.
- Employer paid Health Insurance & Dental Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Ferndale, MI